Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Council Tax reduction

Further information

What happens next?

Once we receive your claim and proofs, we will calculate your claim. We may ask for more information than you have provided.

When your claim has been processed, we will write to you letting you know what reduction we can give you. We will let the Council Tax department know and they will adjust your bill and write to you.

How much will you qualify for?

How we calculate what you are entitled to

If I qualify, when will it start?

Your reduction will usually start from the Monday after we get your claim form. For pension age customers, it may start from an earlier date.

You should tell us straightaway if your circumstances change as this may affect the amount you are entitled to. If we give you too much reduction, we will send you a revised bill and you will usually have to pay more than you were.

If you don't agree with our decision, you can ask us to look at it again. Our letters tell you what your rights are.

If you live alone

If you are a sole occupant, you may qualify for single person discount. You can find out more on our single person discount page.

More information about how we work out your entitlement can be found on our Council Tax Reduction calculations page.

If you experience problems completing the online form please contact our customer services team on 0300 123 7021.