Services in community buildings
Council services in community buildings are set to improve.
Hundreds of buildings and pieces of land across the borough are owned and managed by Cheshire West and Chester Council, and many of them are used by Winsford residents accessing services or taking part in community activities.
The types of buildings we own are very varied and it’s important that we continue to look at how they serve their local communities. Officers at the Council are looking at these buildings and outdoor spaces to make sure they are doing the job they need to do.
You may see some changes in the future as we work to make the best use of these assets to give you better access to services. The improvements we make will:
- ensure they are well managed
- place them in the right location so that the community can get to them
- move services to different centres so that people are offered a greater range of services
- give people the power to have a say on the use of community centres
- ensure people with disabilities are able to access all buildings.
If we are looking at making changes buildings and land use near you, we will give you the opportunity to have your say on any of the proposed improvements during a public consultation process which is to take place in 2019.