Skip to main content

Report a Council Tax change of circumstances

If you are currently claiming a discount or exemption and there are changes within your household, it is important to let us know. For example if someone has joined or left your household, or an empty property has become occupied, your Council Tax bill or discount may need to be adjusted.

Adding or removing someone

When someone moves in or out you need to inform us so we can ensure you are being charged correctly. We will automatically set up a new account from the date they joined or left your household.

Report a change of circumstances

If you are receiving Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction you will need to report any change immediately.

Report a change



Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.