Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Gypsies and Travellers

Advice and support for Travellers

There is a range of advice and support available to Travellers that's delivered by the Council as well as our partners:


The Council has some responsibilities to people who are homeless or threatened with homelessness

Applying for council housing or housing association properties

The Council and housing associations have properties to rent in Cheshire West and Chester. If you are interested in renting a Council or housing association property you must first register with West Cheshire Homes:

Getting children into a school

You can contact a school directly or apply online here:

Getting children into a nursery

You can contact a nursery, pre-school or children's centre directly or search for childcare here:

Registering or visiting doctors (GPs) and dentists

You can register anywhere as a temporary patient by going to the nearest dentist or GP. You will be asked to complete a temporary patient form.

Getting planning permission for a site

Applying for a Caravan Site Licence

You can apply online:

Paying Council Tax

There are a number of ways you can pay Council Tax. For help and advice visit:

Report a hate crime

Benefits and emergency help

Help in Emergencies for Local People (H.E.L.P) is a scheme that offers:

  • Support for exceptional needs
  • Limited payments for emergency funds in a crisis
  • Help for people moving out of care

The Council will decide whether support is needed and whether an award can be made.

National contacts