Click4Assistance UK Live Chat Software
Skip to main content

Discounts and exemptions

Main residence is a care home or hospital

Care Home Residents

If a person’s sole or main residence has changed to a care or nursing home and they have no intention to return to the property, reductions and exemptions may be available

If only one person remains (over 18) then a 25% reduction can be claimed. If it leaves no residents at a property then a 100% Council Tax exemption can be awarded.

If a person has been in hospital prior to going into a nursing or care home with no intention to return, the reduction can be backdated to the date they were admitted to hospital.

If you are receiving or providing care

If a property is left empty by someone who is providing care or receiving care. The empty property will be exempt from council tax.