Skip to main content


Storm Christoph has caused significant disruption across the borough. Find out which services are affected.

Learn more

Single person discount

If you are the only adult living in your household then you may be entitled to a single person discount of 25% off your annual Council Tax bill. You cannot claim for a second home.

Even if there is more than one person aged 18 living in your household you may still be entitled to a discount as some adults may not count when we calculate the bill. The discount only applies at the property you live in. These include:

  • full time students 
  • student nurses
  • apprentices
  • youth trainees


If you are claiming single person discount and your circumstances change in a way that affects your entitlement, you must report the change.

If you have received a letter asking you to review your discount, you can find further information in our discount review section.



Share this page

Terms and conditions Privacy policy Cookies Contact                      

We use cookies

Cheshire West and Chester Council use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, if you would like to, you can change your cookie settings at any time.