You may qualify for the carers discount if:
- the carer lives in the property with the person receiving care as their main residence
- the care is provided for at least 35 hours per week.
- the carer can be a person employed by a charity to provide care
The person receiving the care needs be in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- high or middle rate disability living allowance (DLA)
- receiving a disability pension
- attendance allowance
- the standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
You will not qualify if you are caring for a spouse, partner or child under 18.
Apply for a carers discount
Examples of discount you may receive
If there is one resident who is receiving care there is a 25% reduction.
If there are three residents and one person is receiving care and there is one carer, there is no discount.